Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Crystal-Clear Moment


I'm sad today that my American Idol favorite, Crystal Bowersox -MamaSox to us in the Idol-Know, lost to Lee DeWyze in the finals. Not that I don't like Lee. I think he's a fine runner-up. I don't think he's the winner.

I mentioned that I'm sad about the outcome. Well, my husband is incensed! You'd think he'd watched American Idol more than...oh, say...ONCE!

He kindly agreed to watch the finals on Tuesday as Lee and Crystal sang 3 songs before the voting and afterwards, declared Crystal the winner. No question. "She's got it," he said.

I stayed up last night to watch the results, but he went upstairs before it was over. The first thing he asked this morning was, "Who won?"

"Lee."

"You're kidding! Really? Crystal lost? It's fixed! Well, that does it. I'll never watch American Idol again! "

When did you ever start watching? I wonder. Maybe it's his way of saying, "I told you that show's a waste of time. See?" I choose, however, to believe a small part of him wanted Crystal to win.

1. Because I was cheering for her.

2. Because she was the best singer.

This might be my last year, too. Without Simon, how could it be the least bit entertaining?

Meanwhile, click on the video below to watch one of my favorite Crystal moments.






Mary Cunningham Books
Amazon
Kindle
Fictionwise
Quake/Echelon Press




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, she is wonderful! I understand your husband's anger! I have never watched the show so it would be unfair for me to compare her to the other competitor, but Crystal is fantastic!

Mary Cunningham said...

Thanks for your comment and validation of my disappointment!

I'm sure we're going to hear a lot from Crystal. I judge contestants on AI as to whether I'd buy their album. I'd definitely buy hers!