Thursday, April 15, 2010

Villa Rica Elementary - School Visits


I recently had the pleasure of visiting Villa Rica Elementary. What a great school! Walking in the front door, school pride is evident. Although it's an older school, right in the downtown area, it's cheery and bright. Students and teachers, and office personnel alike were smiling and laughing. I knew, instantly, this was going to be a great visit.

I had the honor of being the first author visit set up by media instructor, Candace Williams, but I never would've guess because the whole morning was perfect. I was greeted with blueberry bread, muffins, cheese, crackers, fruit and a fresh pot of coffee! Someone must've clued her in that I'm not a morning person.

Screen and computer were ready and waiting for my Power Point Presentations. The 4th and 5th grade classes were fun and engaging, and asked insightful and interesting questions.

Anyhoo, a fantastic time was had by all, especially me!

So, kudos to Villa Rica Elementary and Ms. Candace Williams! Can't wait to go back again next year.

Mary Cunningham Books
Amazon
Kindle
Fictionwise
Quake/Echelon Press

No comments: