Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fun in Decatur!



Saturday afternoon. I was dead tired. Really dragging at the Decatur Book Festival in Decatur, GA. Would the day ever end??

Then I heard the music.

"Dad! Dad! It's Cynthia's Attic! It's Cynthia's Attic! There's the new book!!"

Two of the sweetest girls came running into our tent, their dad dutifully in tow. They grabbed copies of "Curse of the Bayou," Book Three in my series, and jumped up and down.

My feet stopped hurting, my calves stopped aching and tirednesss evaporated from my bones. Those two young fans energized me and carried me through the rest of that day and the next.

Can't wait for Decatur '09!

4 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Sounds fun!!!

You look GREAT, btw!! Have you lost weight? Different hair? Something...
:-)

Mary Cunningham said...

Lost weight?? Must be an illusion, Chris! LOL!

Thanks for the comment! These two sisters were adorable.

Word said...

Hi Mary,

Just stopping out to say hello! Looks like you had a good time and those two adorable girls - well - that's what it's all about.

Chris is right - you do look great!

Yay you!!

Word

Oh - I did a crit for you out at the cafe - not sure if you saw it or not.

Mary Cunningham said...

Thanks, Word! It was so much fun!!