Wednesday, October 1, 2008
MEME! 6 Book Things About Me!
My childhood best friend, Cynthia and me, cruising down the Ohio River
Chris, at Candid Canine, tagged me with Today's Meme:
Name 6 Book Things About Yourself:
So, here goes:
1. My series, Cynthia's Attic was inspired by a recurring dream I'd had for over 20 years about a mysterious attic! Once determined that the attic was in the home of my childhood best friend, Cynthia, the dreams stopped! Fortunately, the writing began!
2. I was also inspired by wanting to write stories about my ancestors. I so regret not talking more to my grandparents and finding out about their early years; What they did for fun; who was their best friend; stories about their parents and grandparents. So, I decided to write time-travel books that would let me go back in time and have adventures with my relatives.
3. My hometown library was within walking distance, just a couple of block from my house. My all-time favorite "reads" as a kid were sports biographies. A devoured the complete set from Hank Aaron to Babe Didrikson Zaharias.
4. Speaking of my hometown library...I have the honor of doing my first booksigning there on Nov. 22! Should be a lot of fun. I hope I get to see friends that I haven't seen for 20 + Years!
5. I'm busily writing Book Four in my series: Cynthia's Attic: The Magician's Castle. I think this is going to be the best one, but I thought that about the last one, Curse of the Bayou, too. :-)
6. I'm also working on two adult mystery books. Some writers don't like to go back and forth between genres, but I find it a refreshing (and much-needed!) change.
** Your Turn: Share some book-related things about you. Be sure to comment here so we know to go visit your blog and see what you wrote.
Tag! You're It! Leave a comment that you've posted your 6 book things so we'll know to check them out!
Janet Muirhead Hill